Seacliff House provides great accomodation 3 minutes in to the centre of Gerringong town. Your private sanctuary surrounded by dairy country and ocean views just 2 hours from Sydney. Ideal for family and friends to get together away from it all or to share your special day with your loved ones.
We have 2 five bedroom houses that sleep up to 20 adults on the property. Come and enjoy the experience of a lifetime whether it be a wedding, holiday accommodation or a business / health retreat.
Our Wedding Venue With Accommodation in Gerringong
Can you imagine having 20 of your dearest family and friends stay together on your own private estate?
Seacliff House is set on 5 green acres with stunning ocean and dairy farm views that go on forever. There are 5 bedrooms in the original house and another 5 bedrooms in the Farmhouse.
- Master King Bedroom with ensuite
- Queen sized bedroom
- 2nd Queen sized bedroom
- 1 x Double Sized bedroom
- 1 x king sized bunk room with pull out king sized trundle
Three bathrooms (including the ensuite) and a powder room. The main living area comprises the kitchen, lounge and games room and works incredibly well as a social area. Bi-fold doors open up onto a huge deck area and down to the pool. There is an outside BBQ right next to the kitchen which makes it easy to cook if you wish to entertain.
The Farmhouse was finished in November 2020*. Architecturally designed, every room has amazing views with their own ensuites. 3m high ceilings downstairs with a huge 8.5m atrium in the central living area. You are not going to want to leave.
- Huge Master King Bedroom with ensuite and views to die for (luxurious master bath with ocean and dairy views)
- King bedroom upstairs (splits into 2 singles) with ensuite
- 2nd King bedroom upstairs (splits into 2 singles) with ensuite
- King bedroom downstairs (splits into 2 singles) with ensuite
- 2nd King bedroom downstairs (splits into 2 singles) with ensuite
Gerringong has definitely gained in popularity in the last few years now that the highway upgrade has been completed. Gerringong is just a short 2 hours from Sydney and offers a wide range of accommodation options for visitors coming to Seacliff House for weddings.
- This project received support from the NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency Destination NSW, through the 2018-2019 Regional Tourism Fund.
Scroll down to watch the video or view the gallery here.
Gerringong Accommodation Choices
South Coast Holidays
South Coast Holidays (SCH) are now part of The Holidays Collection group. The team at South Coast are really well connected, locals and have lots of the properties in the area. They make it simple for booking a holiday house for the weekend (you can specify things like luxury options with swimming pools or ocean views). You give them your brief with your phone and email address and voila they will send you the availability options.
The Mercure Gerringong Resort is run by the Accor Hotels group and is very close to Seacliff House and offers 52 rooms. This can be a good option if you have lots of people who would like to stay together. It also makes it pretty handy and central spot to stay for bussing guests to and from the wedding at Seacliff. It’s also well located to the town centre. It’s the only major hotel Group in Gerringong.
Our Friends in Gerringong
Here are some of our favourite places for more boutique style accommodation (in line with what Seacliff House has to offer). This is by no means exhaustive but just a few ideas:
- Saltash South Coast – Luxurious 6 bedrooms, pool right on the beach at North Werri Gerringong. As far as beach accommodation goes, it doesn’t get better than this location. So check it out if travelling with your family or friends and attending a wedding at Seacliff.
- Dunoon Farmhouse – beautiful 3 bedroom farmhouse with iconic Ocean views next door neighbours to Seacliff
- Soul of Gerringong – Simone and her husband Ben have created a buzz around Gerringong with their accommodation in Belinda Street. There are 10 rooms in total. This is an incredibly popular option so you need to book very early to secure it.
- Dovecote – probably the most luxurious accommodation on the South Coast. Amazing views down Werri Beach and to their West is Seacliff House.
- Ocean Farm – Drew and previously his family have owned this amazing farm on 140 acres for many many years and it is a classic for Gerringong. If you want privacy and views than this could be for you. Again like Soul you need to book well in advance to secure this house. 4 bedrooms.
- The Shed in Gerroa is another fantastic option (3 bedrooms). This property is managed by South Coast Holidays (now known as the Holidays Connection). It’s right near the Gerringong golf course for anyone who likes a hit.
- Sundara Beach House just steps away from Werri Beach is another great luxury option with 6 bedrooms. Book direct on their website.
- We’ve noticed that Hamilton is another a popular option for guests coming to Seacliff Weddings. Again ask our friends at SCH above about that one.
- Gerroa accomodation is plentiful and about 10 minutes drive. Your close to the national parks in that part and on the start of 7-mile beach.
- The most luxurious place to hit Gerringong is just east of Seacliff on the hill. It’s called Dovecote and easily the most expensive in the area. If you want to stay somewhere that is wow wow wow check it out. It’s an architectural masterpiece. You are also staying literally right on the Kiama Coastal Walk.
Gerringong accommodation on a budget
We would recommend looking at Stayz or Airbnb to see what’s available. Book in advance as weddings in Gerringong, Berry and Kiama are getting more popular. There’s cabins down near the Gerringong Surf Club which are quite comfortable and just across from Werri Beach.
Kiama accommodation options
Again plenty of options in Kiama and we love it here because it’s the quintessential Aussie seaside surf town. Take a walk to Kiama surf beaches like Bombo (this is so cool – train line running along the back of the surf) or Easts Beach or Kendalls. The Sebel Kiama is also another hotel style option with some great food options not too far away like Penny Whistlers. Of course if your on more of a budget there’s classics like the Kiama Leagues Club.
Berry is another beautiful town close to Gerringong (literally about 10 minutes on the highway). Again SCH can help you here or you can go more the traditional accommodation methods. We can recommend Bundara Farm – it’s on 11 acres, has multiple houses and sleeps 30. Visit Bundara Farm here.
How long should guests stay?
There’s so much to do around the NSW South Coast we would recommend 3 nights if you are attending a wedding. The night before to settle in so your not rushed arriving on the wedding day, the day itself and then the next day to spend with family and friends and recover!!!
South Coast Experiences
Kate from South Coast Experiences has put an amazing curated website together jammed packed with loads of local unique experiences.