BAY LANE PENTHOUSE BYRON
This is our other getaway in Byron. We love it here and the location is to die for. Located on the quiet end of Bay Lane (for those of you who know Byron – the strip of restaurants in Bay Lane behind the Beach Hotel – we are one block towards the Pass). So what that means is that you are literally minutes walk to the beach, shopping, bars, cafes and restaurants. Like Seacliff it’s pretty popular, but unlike Seacliff it doesn’t book out years ahead so you will always get in with a month or so’s notice.
1. Location, location, location
You won’t need a car really there’s enough to do around town. But if you do decide to drive yourself from the airport there’s 2 car spots. About 2 minutes walk to the patrolled section of Main Beach. About 5 minutes walk to the surf break at The Wreck. Or about 5 minutes drive up to the Pass which has a fantastic very long right hand wave (it’s pretty common to get 200m+ rides on a longboard). Wategoes Beach and the Lighthouse are driveable and walkable for that matter.
2. The design
When we bought the property it was off the plan (ie. it hadn’t been built). The architectural plans were, well – weird. Peanut shaped kitchen benches, water storage tanks in the upstairs bedrooms, enormous void overlooking the peanut shaped bench from the master bedroom with no walls.
We decided to drive the builder nuts and systematically changed every single wall and feature on the plan. We were ecstatic at the final result.
- Large square kitchen bench for socialising
- White concrete floors
- Massive North facing outdoor terrace
- Lovely side garden
- A oversized master bedroom (we filled the void with floor)
- A third bedroom where the water tank was going to be
- Stylish bathrooms with aged brass and floor to ceiling tiles
3. Bay Lane accommodation
Bay Lane is set over 2 levels. It’s really really spacious. We went to Bali on a decoration spree to set the whole thing up. We had Zebras and Black Cockatoo artworks painted, tribal drums brought back and furniture that just flowed and oozed the Byron North Coast spirit. So much fun to put together and the result is everyone that stays does not want to leave.
– Master bedroom (upstairs) – King size bed with lounge retreat and balcony attached
– Second bedroom(upstairs) – Queen sized bed with a little study nook
– Oversized upstairs bathroom with charcoal slate tiles, floor to ceiling tiles and double shower
– Large king sized bedroom (downstairs)
– Bathroom downstairs has a shower and bath with Moroccan inspired tiles and aged brass fittings (separate laundry)
4. Great for couples, groups of friends or family getaways
We regularly head to Byron for family getaways. It’s great for kids and set up really for adults. Our guests are often 2 couples or groups of friends, so if you are heading to Byron look us up – we promise you will not be disappointed.
5. Perfect for all seasons
Byron is great in all seasons. Summer the buzz and throng of activity. Winter for less crowds but great weather.
6. Eco friendly
Like Seacliff we’ve invested in solar panels for guilt-free air conditioning throughout. We also have 2 x Tesla charging stations downstairs in the private car parking spots should you have an EV.